A REMINDER TO SENIORS:
The Scholarship Awards Program will be held on Friday morning at 9:00 in the auditorium. Seniors will be dismissed by announcement. Following the Awards Program will be a senior cook out in the lobby of the auditorium. With permission slips turned in, seniors will be dismissed following the cookout.
- On Sunday, May 20, at 4:00, the Carroll County Ministerial Society will hold the annual Baccalaureate Service.
- This is a spiritual service for graduates and their families. This is not a mandatory attendance.
- Seniors who attend need to wear their cap and gowns and be in the gym by 3:30. This service will be held in the auditorium.
The last day to register for courses for current students who wish to take Summer courses towards their Associates Degree through WCC is Thursday, May 24th. Please see your grade level Counselor for information on registration, ASAP, if you plan on enrolling in Summer courses.
Cheerleading Try Outs will be held in the Gym at CCHS on the following dates:
- May 16th 3:30-6
- May 24th 3:30-6
- May 25th 3:30- ? Final Day
Please see Coach Wilson for additional information.
A reminder to those students interested in participating in SCA for the 2018-2019 School Year, please print and submit your application to Mrs. Brady no later than next Friday, May 18th.
There will be a Biology SOL cram session offered on Monday, May 21st and again on Thursday, May 24th in the STEM lab 3:30-6:30, if anyone is interested.
Attention seniors: Students making Magna Cum Laude (GPA 3.8 - 3.9) and Summa Cum Laude (4.0 +) are posted outside the Student Services doorway. See Mr. Stanbery should you have questions.
SCA Applications for Senior and SCA Officers, Junior Class SCA Officers and Sophomore SCA Representatives have been sent to your student g-mail accounts for the 2018-2019 School Year. Please read the directions in your e-mail for submitting the application to Mrs. Brady by Friday, May 18.
Any student interested in participating in a CCHS Athletic Training Student Aide Program see Mr. Stanbery. Student aides learn about the profession of athletic training/sports medicine, get practical healthcare experience, assist with daily athletic training responsibilities, and assist in the care of athletics during athletic practices and competitions.
Please check your student g-mail accounts for information on the following:
- Please check your student g-mail accounts for information on FREE ACT/SAT test resources.
- Please check your student g-mail accounts for access to an informational database on Business Degrees.
- Seniors, please check your g-mail accounts for information on the Sentara RMH School of Phlebotomy Technician!
- Please check your student g-mail accounts for information on the 2018 Summer Law Courses for High School Students offered by the College William & Mary Law School.
Seniors can enter for a chance to win "SunTrust Off to College Scholarship Sweepstakes" 30 winners will be chosen at random. Enter at www.suntrust.com/offtocollege Additional information is posted in Student Services.
Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership: Students who attend the High School Leaders Program live at the University of Virginia for two weeks in the summer and receive in-depth classroom instruction and hands-on training in practical politics at a college level. Students receive 3 University of Virginia college credits from their coursework.
See link on website for Scholarships